KETCHConsulting’s Ted Brown to present at DRJ Fall World 2014
At this year's Disaster Recovery Journal Fall World 2014 event in San Diego, California, KETCHConsulting CEO Ted Brown will be running two sessions, as well as offering a post-conference course on business impact analysis. Those in attendance will be able to catch Ted's first panel — Selecting an Emergency Notification System and Selling an Emergency Notification System — at 12:30pm, and his second — Conducting Successful Tabletop Exercises — at 5:30 on September 8.
The post-conference BCI Business Impact Analysis Course will be held from September 10 from 1:30 to 5:30 pm through September 11 from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
In addition to the panels and course, attendees will be able to visit the KETCHConsulting booth, #510, to learn more about the business continuity planning services offered.
DRJ's Fall World 2014 will be held at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront at 1 Park Boulevard from September 7 to the 10th.
"KETCHConsulting's interactive education approach provides hands-on experience in preparing for, conducting and reporting the results of a Business Impact Analysis. The class further discusses how to use the output of the BIA in an ongoing manner to consistently maintain and improve the organization's BCM," the conference page reads. "Understanding that a successful BIA must be conducted from the Business Process point of view, this class focuses on how to gather Business Process data from the personnel executing the enterprise's actual business functions."
By attending the BCI business impact analysis post-conference course, you'll learn more about how to:
- Justify, initiate and plan a BIA project
- Gain Executive and End User buy-in
- Perform data collection
- Validate data collected using workshops – peer review of survey results
- Analyze and derive an enterprise perspective of Critical Time Objectives
- Use data gathering techniques to identify factors like maximum tolerable period of disruption for critical functions and technological dependencies
- Present BIA results with practical experience in front of a mock management committee
For more information and to sign up for the course, visit the event page here. Attending the post-conference course costs $1,200.